Abiding Love is a welcoming, inclusive community of people making the spiritual journey together. We are singles and families, young and old, devout and questioning, church-raised and new to faith. Everyone is welcome here to engage fully in the life of the community and to express their gifts in new ways. We are devoted to sharing God’s love in worship and service to people in greatest need, around Austin and around the world. You can connect and learn and serve and grow here.
Sunday worship is at 8:30 & 11:00 am. Worship at Abiding Love is rooted in Lutheran traditions, with strong liturgies and Gospel-centered messages. Worship includes a blend of liturgical elements and musical styles.
Communion is shared every Sunday at both services, and all are welcome to the table! Wine and grape juice are always available, as well as gluten free wafers upon request. Adults and children who do not wish to receive communion are welcome to come forward for a blessing.
Children are active participants in the Abiding Love community and are always welcome in the worship service.
Ushers are available if you need assistance finding a seat, the restrooms, or have questions. The order of service is projected so you can easily follow along. Assistive listening devices are available for use during worship.
You will have an opportunity to provide some contact information so that we can welcome you during the week. We will not add your name to any mailing list without your permission.
Attire is casual.
Abiding Love Worship Services Online
Go to the Watch button on the home page and click on "Watch Videos" link.
Learning for All Ages
Abiding Love offers learning opportunities for all ages, Sundays, 9:45 am:
- Godly Play for Infants - 5th Grade – A Montessori approach to encourage children to use their sense of wonder to relate to Bible Stories. Opening is in the Sanctuary at 9:45 am, then all classes go upstairs to experience the story. Meets September 9, 2018 through May19, 2019.
- Middle School/Confirmation – students meet in the Activity Center for Confirmation class. Meets September 9, 2018,through May 19, 2019.
- High School – students meet in the high school classroom for Bible study and topical discussions. Meets September 9, 2018 through May 19, 2019.
- Summer Soundwave - Music, Dance, art, games and Snacks for children of all ages. Children under 5 should be accompanied by a parent. Meets in the Activity Center, June 16 through August 11, 2019.
- Adult Bible Boosters – In-depth study of the Old and New Testaments. Meets in the Classroom.
- Adult Forum – Bible study and reading/discussion on a variety of topics led by Pastor Brad Highum and visiting teachers. Meets in the Sanctuary.
How Do I Get to Abiding Love?
Abiding Love Lutheran Church
7210 Brush Country Rd
Austin, TX 78749-2374
Making Space for Children
Children are active participants in the Abiding Love community and are always welcome in the worship service!
- We encourage you to bring children to worship. Sit close to the front or the center aisle so children can see. If you need to step out during worship, feel free to do so at any time.
- Relax! God put the wiggle in children—no need to suppress it in God’s house. We want children to know they are safe in this house of worship.
- Children are welcomed to eat at our great, big family table: Holy Communion. If your child expresses interest in taking Communion (by asking or by reaching out), they are ready to learn more. Please allow your children to participate. This meal is God’s gift and no one is denied. We offer classes for many ages of children to begin a journey of understanding the mystery of Holy Communion, and these classes can come before or after they begin participating. Remember, the gift of Jesus’ forgiveness is free for all.
- We encourage children to participate in worship by coming to the front to hear the Children’s Sermon. We also invite children to carry the wine or bread during the offertory. As they grow, we invite them to become acolytes, lectors and musicians.
- Activity folders to use during the sermon time are available for children. These can be found in baskets in the narthex (entry way). Encourage them to participate; when we stand, when we sit, when we sing and when we pray.
- Should your child need a short break from worship, feel free to continue worshipping with your child from the back narthex (lobby). Should your child need a longer break from worship, we have a play room available for infants through 3 year olds and their parents. Also, there are comfortable chairs in the “cry room,” where you can see and hear the service. An usher can help you find these rooms.